There’s not a lot of good news out there lately. But despite the ups and downs of the news cycle and our current health scare, VIKA Maryland is built to last. And we do so by cultivating hard work and dedication and recognizing those who put in the effort to strengthen our business. Because strong business is the foundation of our ability to help build sustainable communities.
Our biggest news? We are pleased to announce that Michael B. Goodman, PE, Jeffrey Amateau, PE, and Joshua Sloan, RLA, ASLA, AICP, took the plunge into ownership effective the first of the year. These three individuals, all Vice Presidents’, bring years of experience and expertise to the table and will keep expanding the scope and range of VIKA Maryland’s professional service model. They join current owners, Chuck A. Irish, Jr. PE, LS, LEED AP, Mark G. Morelock, PE, and John F. Amatetti, PE.
Several employees recently reached milestones that we are also celebrating. This year marked work anniversaries for 11 of our employees and we thank them all:
- Harry Jenkins – 35 years of service
- Karen Carter – 20 years of service
- Mark Morelock, Shannon Flickinger, Christopher Wolford, Joshua Price, and Logan Alomar – 15 years of service
- Chanda Beaufort, Peter Schellin, Philip Schullen, and Amy Baronoff Kalomiris – 5 years of service
Promotions & Professional Certifications
It is important that, while our team grows, we also continue gaining new skills. Several of our employees have shown great initiative by challenging themselves in their various professions and we are pleased to announce several recent certifications:
- Julia Shekarchi – Professional Engineer License
- Philip Schullen – CST 1 Certification
- Christopher Wolford – CST 1 Certification
- Brian Wood – CST 1 Certification
- David Unger – 30 Hour OSHA Training Certification
- Matthew Unger – 30 Hour OSHA Training Certification.
- Don Nelson – Associate
- Rob Tilson – Associate
New Hires (after Jan 01, 2020)
Last but hardly least, the third stool of our employee business model is bringing on great talent. We would like to welcome the following employees to the VIKA Maryland team and wish them great success:
- Robert Tilson, FASLA, PLA brings 30 years of landscape architecture design and construction experience to the team; he quickly stepped into his new roll as an associate in the Planning Department mentoring younger employees, jumping into landscape architecture design, overseeing construction document production, and managing construction administration for several ongoing projects.
- Siah Pritchard joined the Engineering team bringing five years of experience in civil engineering with particular expertise in stormwater management design and extensive knowledge of Prince George’s County and the City of Baltimore regulations.
- Chris Paul, Jacob Stienbarger, Justin Cordell, and Andre Brooks joined the Survey Department. Chris, Jacob, and Justin have all joined our field crews, providing much-needed support during this busy time. In addition Andre brings extensive field experience in Subsurface Utility Exploration to our team.
Despite the obstacles this year has presented, our team is stronger and better situated to persevere and thrive than we have ever been. As we all hope for a quick economic recovery, we have the foundation to provide our clients, colleagues, and communities with first-rate professional engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and survey service.