Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRIT) contracted with VIKA Maryland to complete civil engineering and surveying for their dramatic transformation of the former 24-acre Mid-Pike Plaza. The plan created a vital mixed-use, pedestrian and bike friendly, mega development interspersed with public green spaces, all in accordance with the latest trends in urban planning. The project consisted of 1.7 million S.F. of retail/office, and over 1,500 residential units.
This project was the first Sketch Plan ever filed in the County under White Flint Sector’s newly designated CR ZONE. Federal Realty’s expert team continues to work in collaboration with our knowledgeable team of engineers and surveyors, and using our combined expertise and excellent relationships with the county, FRIT has received approval for the Preliminary Plan for the entire site, as well as a Site Plan Approval for Phase One. VIKA Maryland has completed the Construction Documents for Phase One and the project is under construction.
CASE STUDY SPECS
- 24-acre Mid-Pike Plaza
- 7 million S.F. of Retail
- 1,500 Residential Units
- Pedestrian and Bike Friendly
- Public Green Spaces
- Urban Planning
- USGBC – National Capital Region’s Award for Innovative Project of the Year – Neighborhood Development
- National Association of County Planning Award of Excellence — Pike & Rose
- NAIOP Best Retail Project Street Level Retail Space of Larger Buildings or Mixed-Use Award of Excellence – Pike & Rose
- NAIOP Best Mixed-Use Project Award of Merit – Pike & Rose