VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an experienced, full-time Subsurface Utility Locator with land surveying experience. Our company is a leader in Civil Engineering, Surveying and Planning in the DC Metro area. We offer a positive, challenging, and profitable career using the latest in subsurface utility exploration (SUE).
The qualified candidate must be able to read and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities, operate assigned electronic detection equipment to locate and mark underground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits and perform accurate documentation related to all work completed.
• Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must have a clean driving record and a current driver’s license
• 5 years of experience
The physical requirements include:
• Standing or walking for extended periods of time
• Perform manhole entry using assigned equipment and safety devices
• Carrying 5 lbs. of electronic locating equipment for extended periods of time
• Occasionally lifting objects up to or in excess of 50 lbs.
• Performing work in all weather conditions
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Subsurface Utility Locator” in the subject line.
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.