VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an experienced, full-time Dry Utility Engineering Project Manager. Our company is a leader in Civil Engineering, Surveying and Planning in the DC Metro area. We offer a positive, challenging, and profitable career with opportunities to grow.
The qualified candidate must be able to successfully manage all aspects of dry utility plan preparation and permit procurement. This would include preparation of specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, cost estimates, and budgets associated with the planning, design, permitting, and construction of dry utility systems (power, gas, telecommunications) primarily within Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in Maryland. The candidate must also be able to oversight the permit process with the local utilities, and provide consultation and recommendations regarding dry utility systems, processes, equipment, facilities, and construction methods to the developer.
The minimum qualifications include:
• Education: 2-year Associate of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent
• 3-5 years of professional experience in dry utility design
• Project management experience, including application and plan oversight, and permit procurement
• Broad knowledge and experience with local regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and engineering principles
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• General knowledge of MSHA, Montgomery County and Prince George’s County Right of Way requirements, as well as WSSC clearance requirements.
• Knowledge of PEPCO, Washington Gas, Verizon, Comcast regulations and approval processes.
• Good understanding of construction practices related to dry utility installation and relocations
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Dry Utility Project Manager” in the subject line.
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.