VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an Arborist/Environmental Planner to join our staff in the Germantown, Maryland office. The successful candidate should have a degree in planning, environmental science, or landscape architecture with experience in natural resource inventories and forest conservation plans, as well as a general environmental and ecological design foundation.
Our office provides planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in Maryland, focusing on Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. Most of our work is infill, TOD, and urban redevelopment. While the foundation of our work are entitlements, we are building our design portfolio with a focus on placemaking, smart growth, and sustainable design principles. Thus, a desire to create environments that people take ownership of and pride in is essential. To help us continue this growth, the successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with other disciplines within and outside of the organization.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Design/Science or Landscape Architecture
• Knowledge of plant material found in the Piedmont region.
• Experience in preparing Forest Conservation plans, Natural Resource Inventory plans, Forest Stand Delineation plans, and preparing Tree Variance requests.
• Experience within Montgomery County and Prince George’s County is an advantage.
• Software proficiency: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of horticulture, grading and drainage, construction materials, and construction detailing.
• Licensure is not necessary, but an anticipated part of your career development.
• To be considered for this position we may request work examples and references.
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.