As the state moves through a phased reopening, we are staying active and engaged with clients, agencies, and colleagues. Under the MD Governor’s executive order, VIKA Maryland is considered an essential business supporting the construction industry. To fulfill our obligations, we have set up three areas of production:
- Office: we are maintaining minimal office staff to keep critical deliverables moving
- Remote: we have set up a robust teleworking network
- Field: we are running survey crews and construction administration at project sites
These operations are being closely monitored to ensure safety protocols and social distancing measures are followed.
Many of you are still working, albeit with some caution, and we are following industry conversations closely. While we anticipate a slowdown through the second quarter, we are cautiously optimistic that we will see an increase in work in the third quarter to get things back on track. And with our protocols tested, we will be able to quickly respond to any second wave in the fall/winter.
For projects that are still moving, we have developed great ways to work with agency staff and reviews and hearings continue. But this is also a great time to knock out the initial existing conditions analyses and conceptual studies. While parking lots and streets are a little less busy it’s a perfect time to:
- Fly drones to take aerial photos and topography
- Take parking counts and complete base maps
- Locate subsurface utilities
- Put together yield and concept studies
- Compile feasibility reports
- Complete permitting and approval documents
We are here for you and are working hard to position our teams to come out of this situation stronger than before. The more we can knock out in the next few months, the further ahead your project will be when others gear up.
Please contact your project manager or any of our leadership team to let us know how we can help.